HOW TO LIST & FAQs

 

 

 

 

FAQs for Listers:

How much money will I make from each rental?

You get to keep 90% of the total amount the renter pays for the item including postage. We keeps the remaining 10% plus 50p. We charge these fees to cover our platform costs, advertising your items on Google and social media platforms, the payment fee we are charged by the payment processor, for example PayPal, Visa, Mastercard and insurance for the item.

 

Who pays for postage?

The cost of posting the item to the renter needs to be included in the price of the rental, unless the renter selects next day delivery, which is an extra cost the renter will pay. Please ensure you get tracking and proof of postage when sending the item.

 

Who is responsible for cleaning?

As the lister of the item you are responsible for cleaning. You know the item best and how to care for it, so we always recommend the lister cleans the item. If you choose to dry clean the item then you may want to include some costs for that in your listing price. 

 

What happens if my item comes back dirty?

Given its been worn, it's going to come back needing a really good wash, that's completely normal. Some marks and minor signs of wear should also be expected. 

If on the rare occasion there are stains you don't think a good wash will resolve, or there is damage that's more than can reasonably be expected with normal wear, then please let us know as soon as you have received the item back and we will help you resolve it. 

 

What happens if my item is damaged beyond repair?

It is very rare that any item will be damaged, and some small signs of wear are expected. If after an item has been rented a few times, if you would like to continue renting the item, it may be necessary to carry out minor repairs such as re-fixing buttons or repairing a fraying hem or seam. 

If a renter damages an item beyond repair, then Swished will calculate what the Market value is for the item, given the number of wears it has had, and reimburse you that amount.

 

What happens if someone doesn't return my item?

In the very unlikely event that this happens, Swished will reimburse you the Resale price you set when listing your item, or the Market Value if no Resale price was set. We use the Resale price you set as that is your the price you would be happy to sell the items for.

  

What happens when a renter uses a discount code?

We want to encourage as many rentals as possible, so on some rare occasions we offer discounts of up to 15%. When we do, both the rental income you earn and our fees of 10% +50p will be calculated using the reduced price.